Food and Drink
Main Ring Events
Game Fair Video
GWCT Main website
Game & Wildlife Conservation Trust Scottish Game Fair
2014 Visitors Information
For directions to the Fair, Please click here
The Scottish Game Fair is designed to:
- Provide an enjoyable family day out
- Explain and educate about game and wildlife in Scotland and particularly the work of the GWCT
- Generate funds for further research, advice and education.
The Game & Wildlife Conservation Trust is primarily concerned with practical research and development to improve our game, wildlife and landscapes that support them.
- The Fair is a great day out for people of all ages, all cultures and all countries.
- There is a wide range of activities and stalls to suit all members of the family.
- Car parking £2.00 on the day. Free for GWCT Members.
- Both credit/debit card and cash payments will be accepted for tickets purchased at the gate.
- The fair opens at 9.30am and closes at 6pm on all three days.
- Buy now to beat the gate queues. Click here to purchase your fast track tickets.
Automatic cash machines will be available by the main entrance. A charge of £2.75 will be made for each cash withdrawal. The nearest bank is a branch of Bank of Scotland in New Scone.
Information for People with Disabilities
There is a parking area for people with disabilities close to the entrance to the Fair site. Shopmobility Perth have very kindly offered to be on site in the disabled car park from 9.00a.m. to 6.30p.m. to lend mobility scooters to those who need them. While there will be no charge, this facility is provided by volunteers so a small donation to Shopmobility would be appreciated. There will be ten scooters available. There are two periods of loan: 9.30am - 1.30pm and 2.00pm - 6.00pm. Up until 1600 hrs on Thursday 3rd July advance bookings can be made for one of these periods each day by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephoning 01738 554826.
Dogs are always a popular attraction at the Fair. As well as displays and terrier racing in the main ring there are gundog demonstrations, competitions and terrier show, and the scurry which is open to everyone (and their dog). Dog bags are available around the site, kindly provided by Perth and Kinross Council.
Dogs are welcome at the Fair and if you would like to leave your dog for a while in safe surroundings, please make use of our DOG CRECHE which is situated by the Main Entrance. Use of the Creche is free but a donation to the charity providing the service, Samsalin Dog Rescue, would be much appreciated. Please note, dogs……
- must NOT be left in your car
- must be kept on a lead
- must be under proper control at all times
- must be cleaned up behind where necessary!
- cannot be taken into the Food Hall
- cannot be taken into catering marquees
There is also a huge variety of merchandise to buy for your four-legged friends:
- Veterinary products
- Kennelling and kennel accessories
- Free nutritional and pet-care advice
- Gundog equipment
- Transit boxes and boot-liners
- Cages and guards
- Collars and leads
- Washable/absorbent mats and floor coverings
For hotel accommodation, contact VisitScotland, Perth, tel: 01738 450600.
For Scone Caravan Site, tel: 01738 552323
For those arriving by private aircraft, an Airport Meet and Transfer Service is available from Scone Airport.
Click here for further details