Food and Drink
Main Ring Events
Game Fair Video
GWCT Main website
Game & Wildlife Conservation Trust Scottish Game Fair
2015 Visitors Information
For directions to the Fair, Please click here
The Scottish Game Fair is designed to:
- Provide an enjoyable family day out
- Explain and educate about game and wildlife in Scotland and particularly the work of the GWCT
- Generate funds for further research, advice and education.
The Game & Wildlife Conservation Trust is primarily concerned with practical research and development to improve our game, wildlife and landscapes that support them.
- The Fair is a great day out for people of all ages, all cultures and all countries.
- There is a wide range of activities and stalls to suit all members of the family.
- Car parking is £4.00 on the day. Free for GWCT Members, if you would like to become a Member please click here
- Both credit/debit card and cash payments will be accepted for tickets purchased at the gate.
- The fair opens at 9.30am and closes at 6pm on all three days.
- Buy now to beat the gate queues. Click here to purchase your fast track tickets.If buying your tickets before 18th June, you will receive 10% off the gate price and fast track entry.
- Programmes are available to buy for £4.00
Automatic cash machines will be available by the main entrance. A charge of £2.75 will be made for each cash withdrawal. The nearest bank is a branch of Bank of Scotland in New Scone.
Information for People with Disabilities
There is a parking area for people with disabilities close to the entrance to the Fair site, blue badges must be displayed and the car park stewards will direct you to the car park.
Mobility Scooters and Wheelchairs, provided by Bartrams Mobility, will be available to hire from the front of the disabled car park. If you would like to hire a scooter or wheelchair, please visit www.mobilityhire4you.com or contact the Events Team on 01353 653752 who will be happy to assist you.
Dogs are always a popular attraction at the Fair. As well as terrier racing in the main ring there are gundog demonstrations, competitions and the scurry which is open to everyone (and their dog). Dog bags are available around the site, kindly provided by Perth and Kinross Council.
Dogs are welcome at the Fair and if you would like to leave your dog for a while in safe surroundings, please make use of our DOG CRECHE which is situated by the Main Entrance. Use of the Creche is free but a donation to the charity providing the service, Samsalin Dog Rescue, would be much appreciated. Please note, dogs……
- must NOT be left in your car
- must be kept on a lead
- must be under proper control at all times
- must be cleaned up behind where necessary!
- cannot be taken into the Food Hall
- cannot be taken into catering marquees
There is also a huge variety of merchandise to buy for your four-legged friends:
- Veterinary products
- Kennelling and kennel accessories
- Free nutritional and pet-care advice
- Gundog equipment
- Transit boxes and boot-liners
- Cages and guards
- Collars and leads
- Washable/absorbent mats and floor coverings
For hotel accommodation, contact VisitScotland, Perth, tel: 01738 450600.
For Scone Caravan Site, tel: 01738 552323
Meet and Transfer
For those arriving by private aircraft, an Airport Meet and Transfer Service is available from Scone Airport.
Click here for further details