Food and Drink
Main Ring Events
Game Fair Video
All you need to knowPress
GWCT Main website
Get in touchThe Scottish Game Fair
Tel: 01738 554826
Competitions at the Fair
There are Gundog, Fishing and Shooting competitions throughout The Scottish Game Fair.
- Gundog competitions
- Any variety novice spaniel
- Any variety novice retriever
- Any variety open spaniel
- Any variety open retriever
- Gundog team event
- Junior handlers test
- Distraction Alley at the World of Gundogs area
For more information on these competitions go to the Gundogs page
- Amateur Gentlemen, Ladies and Juniors (16yrs and under)
- Daiwa Trout Fly Distance
- Daiwa Trout Fly Accuracy
- Daiwa Salmon Fly Distance
- The Scottish Game Fair Challenge Trophy (Sunday only)
- Ballathie House Hotel Open Scottish Spey Casting Championship (Sunday only) - this is open to all.
For more information on these competitions go to the Fishing page.
- Clay pigeon shooting - 40 bird sporting:
- Juniors (Under 18)
- Club Class - 40 bird sporting
- Pool Shoot - 8 targets
- Ladies Competition
As well as:
- Have a go stands
- Coaching - BASC
- Gnat Plane shooting on the Riverside field
For more information on these competitions go to the Shooting page here.
- A free-to- enter competition held in memory of Fred Taylor, who was headstalker on Invermark Estate in Angus for more than three decades. Ponies and their Ghillies parade in the Main Ring on the Sunday of the Fair. All of the ponies are harnessed with their tack for the hill, either for carrying deer or panniers for grouse, and the Ghillies dress in their Estate tweed. The 2016 Winner was from Invercauld Estate and the prizes. If you would like to enter the competition please email email@example.com.