Directions & Parking
The GWCT Scottish Game Fair is held at: Scone Palace Parklands, Perth, PH2 6BD. We are most grateful to Scone Palace for allowing us to stage our annual Game Fair on their site.
Regular service from Edinburgh, Glasgow and Dundee to Perth – for timetable information contact National Rail Enquiries on 08457 484950 or visit www.thetrainline.com
Stagecoach Strathtay’s Service No 58 runs from Perth to Blairgowrie, passing Scone Palace. The stops you require are ‘Old Scone Sawmill’ (Perth to Scone) and ‘Old Scone Bus Shelter’ (Scone to Perth). See here for current timetable.
Car parking is £4.00 on the day. Free for GWCT Members, if you would like to become a GWCT member please click here.
Road Traffic Routes
Whilst there are a number of routes leading to the venue the following 5 routes have been identified as advised primary and priority routes and will be signed accordingly.
Travelling To Venue From The South
1. Traffic travelling from the M90 and A9 south of Perth will be directed via the Friarton Bridge and Barnhill Interchange to Bridgend, Perth and then the A93 to Old Scone and the venue.
Signing will also be in place to direct traffic approaching from Dundee on the A90 onto this route.
Travelling To Venue From The North
The following routes will be signed in an effort to divert traffic onto these routes with the intention of reducing congestion in the Bridgend area of Perth.
2. Traffic approaching Perth from Crieff on the A85 will be signed north onto the A9 at the Western by pass Perth and continue north on the A.9 to Luncarty, the B9099 to Stanley to West Tofts and then to Kinclaven via Ballathie to cross Kinclaven Bridge and join the A93 south to Old Scone.
3. Traffic travelling from the north via the A9 will be directed to leave the A9 at Dunkeld and travel via the A984 to Meiklour and the A93 to Old Scone.
4. Traffic travelling south on the A.90 from the Aberdeen area will be directed off the A90 at Forfar intersection and travel via the A94 to the Redstone Cross Roads then via the Wolfhill road to Guildtown and join the A93 to Old Scone.
5. Traffic from the Dundee and North East Fife area will be directed from Riverside Drive, Dundee, via the ‘Hilton Double Tree Roundabout’ roundabout (formerly known as ‘Swallow’ roundabout) and Kingsway (A90) to Coupar Angus road intersection and then west on the A923 to Coupar Angus.
Note: Traffic approaching from the north on the Kingsway (A90) will also be directed off at Coupar Angus road intersection onto this route.
All traffic using this route will then join the traffic travelling from Aberdeen and Forfar at Coupar Angus and travel along the A94 to Burrelton, turning right to Guildtown the A93 and Old Scone.
All traffic will then travel to the car parks via the Stormontfield Road and enter the venue via the Sleeper Road.
Those of you living the high life can also benefit from a meet and transfer service from Perth Airport. Visitors who travel by plane will be met off the runway by a Fair representative with a welcome pack.
Upon arrival, visitors will alight at the entry gate and be able to enjoy a refreshing glass of champagne (passengers only!) or soft beverage in our members’ enclosure.
After embracing the convivial atmosphere, first class entertainment, excellent trade stands, fabulous food and trying their hand at the many activities on offer, guests will be transported back to the airport.
Anyone wishing to take advantage of this VIP package should apply to Kerry Stewart – email@example.com / 01738 554826 by Wednesday 27th June. A charge of £30 per person in addition to the ticket price will be levied for this exclusive offer. Pilots are asked to contact Perth Airport on 01738 551631 to make all the relevant arrangements prior to travel.
- The Fair opens at 9.30am and closes at 6.00pm on each of the three days
- For accommodation, contact VisitScotland, Perth. Tel: 01738 627958
- For Scone Caravan Site, tel: 01738 835679
- The Fair is our main educational event and any proceeds are ploughed back into our vital work.
- For more information please click here